These terms and conditions outline the Food Ethics Council’s commitments to Business Forum Members, the nature and level of benefits provided, and the Members’ obligations to the Food Ethics Council.
- These terms and conditions outline the Food Ethics Council’s commitments to Business Forum Members, the nature and level of benefits provided, and the Members’ obligations to the Food Ethics Council.
- The Food Ethics Council Business Forum is a membership programme. Business Forum Members may not use the name or logo of the Food Ethics Council and are not entitled to vote on issues concerning the governance of the Food Ethics Council. The Business Forum Members are not Council members of the Food Ethics Council, which is the body responsible for governing the organisation.
- Statements from the Food Ethics Council will not be represented as the opinions of Forum Members.
- Upon payment of a fee determined by the Food Ethics Council, an individual or organisation becomes a Member of the Business Forum for a term of 18 months, or until they have attended four meetings, whichever is the sooner.
- Membership of the Business Forum is by invitation only and is non-transferable. Organisational membership may cover several individuals, subject to approval by the Food Ethics Council, though only one person from any organisation is entitled to attend any single meeting. Business Forum membership is strictly limited and the Food Ethics Council reserves the right to refuse any applications for Membership.
- The Food Ethics Council will provide Business Forum Members with a concise and timely report of each meeting, whether or not the Member was able to attend. If a Member becomes unable to attend a meeting that they had informed us they would be attending, we will require at least three full working days’ notice of that fact, or that meeting will count towards their entitlement under Business Forum membership.
- Opinions expressed within the Business Forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Food Ethics Council and should not be attributed to the Food Ethics Council.
- It is the responsibility of the Food Ethics Council to inform Business Forum Members of the upcoming programme of meetings.
- As a registered charity and non-profit making organisation, the work of the Food Ethics Council is always subject to successful fundraising. If at any time the Food Ethics Council has to suspend or discontinue work, or amend the Business Forum content, unfortunately Business Forum Members must accept that the Food Ethics Council will be unable to provide the service we set out to supply. The Food Ethics Council reserves the right to alter the venue, timing, participants and content of Business Forum meetings. Changes will be communicated to Business Forum Members prior to the scheduled event.
- The Business Forum Member may terminate their subscription at any time. Repayment of fees is subject to the discretion of the Food Ethics Council.
- The Food Ethics Council may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time upon giving affected Business Forum Members 10 days’ written notice.
General Data Protection Regulation
The Food Ethics Council takes the privacy of Business Forum members data seriously and will only use members personal information for Business Forum administration purposes and for communicating about an organisation’s membership. More information about how the Food Ethics Council looks after personal data can be found here.